Reference Number: 

The trustee is not entitled to any commission on money turned over by the trustee’s predecessor in office, money borrowed for county use, or money received from proceeds of bond sales.  T.C.A. § 8-11-110(d).  The trustee is not entitled to any compensation for handling funds paid by the state to the county or to a local education agency for the purpose of funding employees' social security contribution for teachers.  T.C.A. § 8-11-110(g).  The trustee is not entitled to any commission on state funds available to any LEA that exceed the amount of state funds provided for public education in each respective LEA in the 1991-1992 fiscal year.  T.C.A. § 49-3-358.  Finally, the trustee receives no commission when the county legislative body, by resolution, elects to have the state spend county aid money.  After such a decision, the legislative body may later elect to receive the funds, in which case the trustee once again receives compensation for handling them.  T.C.A. § 54-4-103(b)(1) and (2).

Pursuant to T.C.A. § 67-6-712(b), the trustee in Shelby County will not receive compensation for receiving and distributing local sales tax revenue if the county legislative body adopts this rule by a 2/3 vote.