Reference Number: CTAS-1462
It is the duty of the superintendent to:
- Discharge each prisoner as soon as such prisoner's time is out or upon order of the board of commissioners;
- See that prisoners are properly guarded to prevent escape;
- See that they are kindly and humanely treated and properly provided with clothing, wholesome food properly cooked and prepared for eating three times a day when at work;
- See that they are warmly and comfortably housed at night and in bad weather;
- See that when sick they have proper medicine and medical treatment, and, in case of death, are decently buried; and
- Keep the males separate from the females.
T.C.A. § 41-2-109.