Reference Number: 

Counties have several options through which they may fulfill their responsibilities for solid waste management:  They may contract with private entities for those services, they may provide services or contract for services through solid waste authorities, or they may provide the services themselves.  A county or municipality may apply for a solid waste facility permit. A county may execute a contract of obligation instead of a performance bond to insure proper operation and closure of its publicly owned facilities.  T.C.A. § 68-211-116.  In addition to equipment for collection and disposal of solid waste, a county may also construct and operate energy recovery and resource recovery facilities which process waste into energy fuels. T.C.A. § 68-211-502.